Thanks for your interest in the Panya Project. Whether it is to come and help out for a while, or simply to see the site, we would love to meet you.
Right now Panya is at a new start. At the moment we are a quite small community and we are in a growing process, trying to set the place up new. We live Permaculture in our daily life and we are on the way to sustainable living.
Whenever we are not hosting courses or groups we are excited to accept volunteers here who are interested in sustainable living systems, organic farming and Permaculture, and who would sincerely like to help out and learn a lot!
The work of the volunteers depends on the needs of Panya and the mentor available, so at this time we are mainly working in the garden and enjoying the process of raising a young family and keeping the jungle at bay.
Currently a phase with courses. For newly arriving volunteers, we are open again from 17th of February.
Our volunteering policy
- We are happy to host volunteers, who want to help and to give with all their heart.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please read our whole policy and fill in our registration form for Volunteering.
- We host courses and groups, during which the arrival of new volunteers is not possible. Please contact us via e-mail and let us know your plans.
- Our volunteer schedule begins regularly on Mondays. We work Monday to Friday, weekends are free time.
- We highly recommend you join us for at least one week (Monday afternoon – Tuesday morning). This allows you to get familiar with the environment and gives us time to get to know each other.
- We ask for a contribution of 3000 Baht (8 nights) for the first week. After that we ask for 400 Baht per day. The contribution will help to keep the Project running and is used for food, accommodation and other expenses, such as tools and materials.
- We are not a guest house. Everyone is welcome, who is interested to join our activities and to help the project growing.
- Currently we do not have any proper way to deal with plastic waste at Panya, so please try and limit the amount of packaged bits and pieces that you bring into the community.
- As we are located in a traditional Thai village (Ban Mae Jo), we ask you to dress in an acceptable way for Thai culture when you arrive at Panya and during any outings to the village during your stay with us.
- Getting to and from the farm is your own responsibility. There is a veggie truck that leaves our village every morning (around 6.00 to 7.00 am.) for Chiang Mai, and returns every day at noon from Monday to Saturday. See directions.
Long term volunteers
At this time Panya consists of just a small core community and we are open to negotiating long term opportunities. If you are interested to apply, we ask you to commit to a stay of one to two weeks first to allow us to get to know each other and address our goals.
Cottages and self directed time are available to people who fit well in the community.
For more information about our accommodation at Panya go here.
A voluntary day at Panya
- ‘Noble silence’ until 7.30 am. This allows for a deeper connection with our surroundings and ourselves.
- Breakfast (self-organized by everyone)
- 8.30 am.: Daily Meeting and small duties
- Working from 9 to 11 am.
- Cooking together with Panya member and lunch around 12.30 pm.
- free time until 3 pm./4pm.
- Working about two more hours
- Cooking and dinner (organized by the volunteers)
- ‘Noble silence’ from 10.00 pm.
Saturday and Sunday are days off.
We would love to welcome anyone who wants to visit the project. We are open for visits from Mondays to Fridays, because Saturday and Sunday are days off at Panya. Depending on our schedule we can offer you to join us for lunch. During we hosting courses and groups we wish no visits, so please contact us per e mail and let us know your plan.
For an accommodation you can contact earthhome, a home stay near by.
A blogpost from a former intern at Panya